Friday, September 25, 2009

A Lil' Late but Still Good Times




So I guess part of my Professional Learning Specialist job description is to do many things that 14 year old, pimply face kids do at the movies or what carnies do at the fair or carnival.


This is my new outfit for making cotton candy. Making the cotton candy is big mess. It gets everywhere and on everything. Thus far I have not set off the fire alarm in the school. I apparently have learned from my mistakes.


One of our great custodians let me have this wonderful suit. it worked very well but of course I was able to sweat my way through it. The right side of the suit is now quite colorful and looks like tie-die for the multiple flavors and colors of cotton candy.


We are reading a book for school, for our leadership team, and it is about TRUST. That is one of the main reason that I wrote early about my principal TRUSTING me. Well my trust was broken when I asked a school employee to watch the popcorn machine that I had just explained how to run it and had them watch me make a couple batches of popcorn. This person let the popcorn turn into poopcorn. It was burnt. I had to go and get some pot holders to throw out the kettle of burnt poopcorn. Trust broken. It is was a simple job, I thought, and apparently it was not.


Oh well, it took me a lil' longer to post this because it all went down on Wednesday but I had a hard time figuring out how to rotate the picture. I couldn't get it to post the correct way. I found a magic wand and was able to rotate it.


The book also says that TRUST can be rebuilt or created. I guess I will find out.


.




2 comments: