Monday, March 29, 2010


With half the dirt moved and our garage tetris-ed up with two cars, many bikes, and a four wheeler we were off to pass out for the night. It was a good effort and we made a dent in the mountain of free dirt.

On to Saturday. Off to a Near Idaho. That is what I like to tease. We were off to Trementon to borrow a truck and trailer to get the rest of the job done. Up earlier and on the road. It wasn't too chilly here but it was up Near Idaho, that is for sure.

With a truck I could then go and get the mighty, mighty Dingo. Packs of Wild Dogs are always productive. We then had tools to make things a lil' easier. Dingo to flatten and move the dirt but it didn't work so well when you roll the track off in the first 20 minutes. With that slight hiccup, we were still able to get the bushes ripped out that we wanted, the old track flatten out, and the rest of the dirt transferred into the backyard.

Were were able to check out a couple of sweet examples of garden boxes that others have done. We have some work to do but have some cool ideas to bounce around.

Here is what the front looks like once the dirt was moved. It left a lil' more room for the traffic to get around.


Here is where it ended up. I still need some help and some labor to get things situated with both the pump track and the garden but at least the pieces of the puzzles are in the right areas.


After we went to the dump to deposit our green waste and we had to switch trailers and get the Dingo on lock down to get it back home before we had to pay for it's company for the weekend. We, the Dingo and I, just made it back home before the time was up. With the toys away it was time for the next adventure.

Mr. Frederickson, Tents are hard.

Our new ginormous tent. It was a lil' easier than I thought it might be but I wanted to put it together before I had to put it together under pressure.

I think in this tent, I could hide many snipes or at least shelter them and feed them chocolate.

After a long day working together we accomplished a lot. We can and do work well together. Good to know. I got sun. My wife, not so much. It may not be fair or that is what I may have heard somewhere in or around the house and/or tent.

So for now, I better pay attention to my class.

Shovels 4 Life.

Soon Tires to the Slick Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment