I guess it was my turn have an awesome week. I don't know who is next but good luck with that. I just hope it was just a ONE week turn and that it isn't a longer pull. I am not ready for a longer pull and I am definitely sure that my wonderful wife is not ready for a longer pull either.
Here is one of the items of wonderfulness.
One may ask, "What is that?" Oh, good question. I can try to tell you without raising my blood pressure and/or putting a whole in one of walls.
Where to start? One could start at beginning but how much fun could that be? So lets start in an awkward place because that would be more fun. A fun awkward place would be me in the shower "trying" to take a shower but due to the lack of water pressure I am huddled directly under the shower head trying to get under what water was coming out shower head. The water pressure really has not been great since we moved in but we did not worry about it too much until in the last week I have not had any water pressure. Not even enough to keep the valve up in the shower. WEAK SAUCE!!! Of course, it was parent/teacher conference week, CHILL Wednesday, and when will there be time to investigate what is going on with the water. With a few phone calls to Ask Your Pops, I had a few things to check out. The picture shows it all or it show what is not, OPEN. That is the outlet from the water heater, SOURCE of pain and misery. But wait it gets better. How you ask? I can home to see if I could find the problem which I did, check. Now to try to fix it, tools - Not so much check. Drive around asking to borrow tools, check. Anyone having the correct tools, not so much check. POOP AGAIN. So what do you do? I don't know what you would do but I went to play basketball. Deal with it after the game. Game = Crap-tastic crap-a-thon. Refs sucked. By the end of the game I was basically punching at the ball and no foul. We lost 70 something to 20 something. Horrid. Then after the brutal game I can back to tackle the water heater. I did end up finding someone with proper tools but when I got things apart, it became more and more complicated. So instead of trying to wrestle with anymore by myself I went and asked for help. With help and a couple of hours we were able to get things 87% complete. I just needed to get a corrosion rod. Now finally we are 100% complete and fully open for hot water.
Part 2 of Awesomeness -
My Gpa that I grew up with and spend most of my childhood with is on his last days. We were able to see Gpa and Gma over Christmas we all knew the time was coming but I seems when it rains it pours. I guess that also comes from my years of living in Pacific Northwest for years. It is something that has been hard for years because Gpa and Gma have been trying to get us to put on names on things. I don't want to fight over things. I have many memories and many things that we built together, so I don't want to fight over the other things. We used to spend most summer days at their house and most days after school as well. I can hardly remember a little league game, high school athletic completion, award banquet, birthday, holiday, or any other special occasion without them.
I can remember siphoning gas from Gpa truck so that I would have gas to ride my motorcycle. I got my first set of stitches at Gpa's house by riding into a barbed wire fence on my motorcycle. We had a treehouse, a merry-go-round, double stacked basketball hoops, a full woodshop to try to cut fingers off, pigeons, bb guns, and whatever else we could dream up Gpa could and would make it happen. It is hard to see him in pain and hard to see struggling with his memory. It is going to be tough when the time comes. The candy drawer is still in the same place and it is still stocked. Although it may be the same candy from when I was lil'. The ding-dongs might actually be hockey pucks now. I remember one night we were there for dinner and I didn't want to eat the fish and I tried to hide it under my napkin but of course it did not work. My consequence was you can eat it or not dessert. I thought that was all no dessert? I am game for that. I am good with no dessert. I can remember Gma face, quite shocked and surprised. Of course, I one can tell I don't miss meals or skip many desserts so I definitely threw her a curve ball that night.
My heart breaks for them and want them to be happy. I want them to know that they CAN ask for help and they HAVE touch so many lives and now it is THEIR turn to be on the receiving side on the coin.
Gpa with his homemade (pre-Barbie jeep) car. Many of 4th of July parades have different Asays in or around this car.
With Gpa building things in the shop. Rain, shine, or cold we were old there with Gpa. We swept up sawdust because there was never a shortage of sawdust.
Always supportive and willing to give.

Part 3 - Work -
Data to drive decisions.
Data to save jobs?
Data to get yelled at about.
Being yelled at because I can just do that.
Becoming aware of the lack of trust by the trust pushing one.
Having a Master Degree to pop popcorn.
Being a medium price babysitter.
Having to give exact times on what I do each day.
Not being respected for what I do at school.
Getting it out so now I can go forward. Forward is where I have to go because if not I am not sure what else to do.
Da End.
I just want a Purple Shark Outfit, so I can Make Moves. Then all my problems will be over. Making moves!

No comments:
Post a Comment