Saturday, March 6, 2010

Birdie of Snow

It has been a busy couple of weeks. Last weekend our house was the place to be for the showering of the baby to be, who is here now and healthy and wonderful. So I thought I was showered enough so I went to play in the snow at Snowbird. Had not been there before to play in the snow, driven past many times. Since it is no fun to go and play alone I didn't have to twist the arm of my Hippie Friends.

After planning and treat buying we were ready for day. We had a good breakfast at The Park and then we, the boys, were off to the mountain. We each had our snackies, push-pops for myself and the Lil' Hippie and Big Hippie got his big box of Nerds. Bellies full and treats ready, time to gear up and hit it.

Here we are heading up for the first run. It turned out to be a bright sunny day. It warmed up and actually got quite warm. I started out on my skis and when we stopped for a pottie break, I went to shed some layers and get my board. It was a beautiful day with some decent snow. They was a lil' dusting of snow from the night before. I didn't realize that Snowbird is full of great terrain for people that have more skills than I. I can get around slowly on my skis and a lil' better on my board so I was happier on my board and could deal with the ski-able terrain much better.

We had a great day. Lots of giggling and laughs. There were packs of ski school kids and there has also a ski race for kids going on so there were a bunch of skin suits skiing around as well. A lil' too many if you ask me and there was one girl with what looked like a pair of hockey shorts complete with suspenders.

Good day for all.


A view from the top.

Going up the lift. Are you down there?
What are you looking at?

When in the Park . . . Someone had to hit it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment