Monday, January 25, 2010

Trying to Ski for Free

Well, it looks like it finally worked. The snow dancing that is. There is a group of us at work that have been dancing and dancing but yet no snow but last week it dumped 5 feet of in the mountains. About time. So this past Friday we tried to rush up after our meetings at work to hit up the Ski for Free after Three but there were a couple of knuckle-heads on the roads trying to drive their super-duper honda civic up the canyon. Idiot. We finally made it and it was definitely a fresh powder day. I was trying out my new gear. It was tested and come through. My white coat was very much white. I could have been mistake for a yeti.

I popped a ski off a couple of times in the powder. I need to remember to tighten down my din on my bindings so that I don't have to dig for my skis again. It was a work out to first find my skis, second get myself in a position to get back into my skis, and then get pointed back down the mountain again. It was a hard first run. I need to learn how to ski better.

Oh well, being out on the mountain is still being out on the mountain having a great time with some great friends. It is just another reason to try to figure out how to get better. More time with friends in the beautiful canyons and mountains that are all around us. I wish it wasn't so painful to ride up them on my heavy bikes to have some much on the way back down. Heavy bike, heavy me, and hot sun = A-car ride to hospital. No good. Hopefully I can figure out a way to make it work a lil' better, until then I will play in the snow and enjoy my lack of skills in winter because it is nice to fall in the softer snow instead of the hard, sharp rocks.

Here are some pictures of the snow and the canyon as we tried for over an hour to come back down from the mountain. Painful but some good views.


No comments:

Post a Comment