Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Moabie

To escape the great times at work and to find the rocks of slickness, we braved the Week of Jeeps in Moabie. It was an adventure to get ready for the trip and get the multiple cars and trailer packed up for the trip. It was a group effort so it was just me being a girl and bringing everything. Our group was pretty good size with some friends from work, friends of friends, my brother, and some other friends.

I took off early with the rest of the educators due to our "Spring Break" leaving my Sweet Wife at home to keep slaving away at work until she could come down and meet up with us for the weekend. It was a lil' sketchy due the weather up here but we thought we could get out of the rain and wind to have a great time in desert. It kinda worked.

We left a lil' later than we would have wanted but we made decent time getting down to Moabie. We were able to get my young Hippie friend some sweet mustaches at one of the gas stops along the way. They were super funny, so funny that I had to go out to car to get some more quarters so that we could get a total of TWO mustaches and ONE soul patch/goatee. The mustaches were pretty close to the right color to match the Hippie's hair color too.

We, or mostly I, was super excited to try out and show off our newly purchased tent or Tent-mahal. With the seams freshly sealed and me practiced in assembling the beast, I was ready to fend off the jokes and comments.


We got into camp and were stoked on the camp site. We had a group site that had an awning with picnic tables and enough room for tent-mahal and all the lil' tents too. It was then time to set up camp and get some water. It was a great dinner and good start to our trip until the great winds started. It was annoying at first and then it was crap-tastic. It was blowing so hard that it ripped the tent stake loops off the tent-mahal and bent some of the poles. So much for the grand tent. I had the pleasure of sleeping in my car for two nights until my other half could make it down.

We were able to experience all of the season while down in Moabie. Wind, Rain, Snow, Hail, Sun, Cold, Warm, and Jeeps. It was just about everything. Due to the weather we also did a lil' of everything. Geo-cashing, hiking, eating, hiding from the wind, driving around, biking on the slick rock, avoiding jeeps, looking at jeeps, laughing, dutch oven cooking, speed mitten, a lil' catch, and just good times.

My Sweet Wife and I enjoying Arches, friends, family, and the red rock.

I liked this one too. Maybe a Lil' dinosaur made is foot print?

I thought this one looks like a GINORMOUS dinosaur stomped his foot and left this foot print in the Canyon Lands.

My Sweet Wife and I at the License Plate. It doesn't look the same. It looks bigger than it does on my car. Weird.


Stinky and I showing our stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment