Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Well . . .

Well . . .

I was waiting for some pictures from a friend to post of my trip to some slot canyons over Halloween to post but then I have never received the any pictures so I was stuck in moral dilemma to wait or not to wait?

So I waited.

And I waited.

Then I have been putting in many, many hours trying to reach the magic number of 225 hours for my elementary internship. I started the week at 94.5 hours for the fall term, poop again. The last two days I have put in 24 hours. I will try to get another 16 hours Thursday and Friday morning.

Oh yeah, there are have been a few shiny squirrels along the way too.

I was lucky enough to play under a trailer to try to fix a bunch of water leaks for a friend from work in the snow storm, I was racking a lot of leafs in the front yard, we took the cubby scouts on a racking leafs adventure in the dark, a friend's birthday party full of good times and being the DD, learning what it means to image a computer, removing 65 older computers from my labs, replacing the older ones with brand new ones after unpacking, labeling, and recording all of the serial numbers, imaging both new labs, setting up new procedures for the new labs, figuring out how to get my 6th screen to work in my office (sweet, 6 screens, command central), figuring out how to dispose of all of the boxes and packing materials that came with the 65 new computers without getting the custodial staff to come unhinged, getting other peoples crap dumped on me because they "supposedly" have the swine flu (where's your doctor's note?), popping a brake line while doing wheelies in the parking waiting for my wife to pick me (poop again), and loving the fact that it is getting chilly.

If that doesn't prove that I am ADHD, than I don't know what would?

My trip to the Escalante Area was fun. I had never been the any kind of slot canyons and we went to hike them under the full moon on Halloween. It was a pretty amazing time. I had to squeeze and crawl through Spooky Canyon and climbed my way through Peek-a-Boo Canyon. We didn't use our headlamps for most of the hike because the moon was so bright.

We were probably the only people for 20-30 miles that night camping out under the stars. It is amazing to see night sky without the lights of the city. Lots of great food, funny stories, and great hikes around the great sand stone.

I have to give a big shout out to my wife for the putting up with my not being home and working stupid hours to try to get us to a better place.

Thanks for holding down the fort and taking care of business.

Time for it to snow and snow and snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment