Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lil' Sahara

Well, I have finally gone to the dunes. It was a whole new world of riding. I felt like I have learning to ride all over again. It was fun, don't get me wrong but it was very scary at the same time. Not knowing what you will get over that next dune is a more than nerve racking for the first timer. Yes, the sand is nicer to fall in or crash on than rocks and sticks but it still doesn't make it easier to fast. I had a paddle tire and it would have been much less fun if I had to run my regular tire.

It was fun to see all of the lil' people rolling on their toys in the camp area. Lil' people and 4-wheelers are super funny.

The sand was super soft and I wasn't confident enough to go fast enough to smooth out the ride. There were a few times that I was able to sneak into 3rd gear. The ride was better then but it was only short lived.



Here is our troop of trouble making machines. It was great to see what people who know how to ride on the sand could do with some fun machines.




And of course here is a picture of me, taken by myself. Good thing the screen flips around so that I can see what I am taking a picture of.

No comments:

Post a Comment