Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our New Friend

Well we have been working on refinishing our deck. We decided to do it yesterday and since we couldn't find a pressure washer, we found some sanders (a belt, a palm, and a hand) and got to work.

We worked until we were out of daylight and sanding belts, plus we didn't want TOO many grumpy neighbors.

After another couple of hours of sanding today, we started painting and painting and painting. After we were finished with the first coat I went out front to get something and water the front flowers and there I found our new friend.

The story doesn't end there. One of our neighbors have a seven year son that loves snakes and he is always outside playing, which I think is great. He was outside playing of course and I asked if he wanted to come and see the garter snake that I had found in our yard? He came over and caught the snake and took it home to show his family. Little did I know it was going to become a huge deal. He took it all over to show all of his friends. He named it Freddy and made Freddy a bucket home for the mean time. He would take it out and play with it in the grass, letting it slither on him and all over the place. He was super excited to tell me about the adventures they had since I had left them. He didn't stop talking while I tried to explain to his parents that I didn't think that it would have been this big of a deal but I should have known it would have been. They said that I would be getting my pay back at some time but I will not know when, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment